Monday 6 May 2013

4 February 2013 - Task 3: Magazine Research

Initial Brainstorming + Designs
These are four ideas I have for my masthead on my music magazine:




What is the title of your magazine and why?
The title of my magazine is 'Scream' as it is linked to the genre, which is Rock/Metal.
Artist that usually are linked with the genre of Rock/Metal tend to 'scream' or 'death growl' in their music thus the reasoning to my choice of masthead.

Did you have any other ideas that you rejected? Why?
Out of the four ideas I had chosen for my music magazine I'd like to take on the 1st masthead of the four. The reason to why I had rejected the other three is because:
  • The second font is more alternative rather than metal as a whole due to the curly writting and the scratchy letterimg.
  • The third font is too basic is a sense of not being able to portray a whole lot to the readers; the magazine is very 'heavy' and 'in-you-face' but the title does not match the my standards.
  • The last font is more Gothic but in a way you would relate to a rather fictional fantasy book, for example Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Twilight. This is not what I want my audience to veiw this magazine as.
To conclude, the reason why I had chosen the first font for my masthead is because it is basic but still has a complex aspect as the font. To me the design represents 'branches' from the forests and usually people would anticipate the forest as being 'scary' or 'frightning' due to the way in which the media has represented the scenary in their films, tv programs and music videos.
An example of this would be in this link to a music video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2I0ulTZWXA







No comments:

Post a Comment